Monday, February 21, 2011

Nutty and Balanced

That is the description on my Starbucks bag of coffee.  It seems to be an accurate discription of our stay in Nohubbiland this time around.  Here are some things I have RE-learned while here.

  1. My children can handle one trip to the store in a day but not two...unless you use bribery and buy a treat for yourself...


theirs
Mmmm-ine

2.  Do not leave the computer unattended even for two minutes to put the clothes in the dryer. Sorry babe :(

Some were missing from the first stay in Nohubbiland. (mommy brain?)

      3. When you say pick up the happy meal stickers off the floor, be specific as to where you want them next.

So as you can see we are doing fairly well.  If this is all that has happened I feel pretty confident we will last the next two weeks. (*prayers appreciated*)  ...as long as I stay okay with Jonathan running around with a renewed interest in his diaper only outfit, I only have to use the carpet cleaner once a day, my crochet project doesn't come half unraveled again, and I keep my Nutty and Balanced outlook like my coffee bag says.

On a more serious (*gasp) note, I think the reason why things are going pretty darn smooth is because of God's grace.  I love my time first thing in the morning, before anyone wakes up to have a hot cup of coffee, to pray, or read my Bible.  I have heard preachers try to make this a "thou shalt" in the life of a Christian.  Ya know, gotta give your first, show God He is first in your life by waking up early and crying out to Him, on and on.  Well, that's NOT why I do it.  I will be honest (*gasp) and say I do it kind of selfishly.  It is in these quiet moments that I gain bearings for the day.  I have a moment of peace and quiet before all the demands come at me and the cares of this world seem to pull my attention away and knock me off balance.  This quiet moment to reflect/pray/listen was something I was terrified of losing when my husband was leaving for a month.  I can say that every morning the dog, the baby, or an internal clock has woken me up early and I have been able to get that first sip in and gratefulness is swallowed down.  

Yes, my Bible is falling apart but after 9 years of use and three children...

So maybe that is it.  It is a time to be grateful for what I have.  Grateful that His Holy Spirit cares for me enough to help me in the small things like sending my dog to wake me up.  (Not because she needed to go out...she went right back to her bed after I woke up!)  Grateful that my children wake up and I have them with me.  Grateful that I do have an identity that isn't solely that of a mother.  I am an individual forgiven and living with a purpose in this life.  I am a wife.  Daughter.  Coffee drinker, crocheter, friend to some, housekeeper, ICANer, and some other things in between.   Anytime we are willing to have a higher perspective, He is willing to give it!  Nutty and Balanced!



No comments:

Post a Comment