Saturday, March 9, 2013

Day 5

wiped me out, in a good way.

I also learned a couple lessons...

  • Do not shave with a brand new razor just before a pedicure.  Especially when you have trouble reaching your ankles.  
  • My maternity dress makes me look like a walking time bomb.  If you wear something similar, you will hear every pregnant woman comment in the book.  From twins? to When are you due? to the funky eye. 
  • There are two types of strangers you can encounter when very pregnant.  The ones that will stare at your belly as you approach, meet eye contact and smile with a nod.  And then there are the ones that will stare at your belly as you approach, meet eye contact and immediately look at the ground or straight ahead, as if they were just caught doing something wrong. 
And my oldest son confessed that he has had weed.  The conversation happened just after we left the bank.  
See?  The teller said I looked like I could use one too.


Notice the mystery flavored dum dum wrapped in purple.  That was the one Caleb picked.  He decided to smell it and could not figure out what flavor it was.  He was not going to put it in his mouth until the quandary was decided.  He asked me to smell it and it smelled like grass.  The kind that you mow.  I have no idea why, maybe because I am pregnant.  I smell Este Lauder Pleasures in my home from time to time and I do not wear it.  I smell onion rings from time to time and have not had one near me at all.  So, I just laugh and say eat it.  He tries it and I wish I was not in the car still so I could have taken a picture because his face was priceless.  We end up deciding it was a cream soda flavored and then it was quiet.  

I was about to reach for the volume control when Caleb says, "Ya know mom, I have had weed."  You can imagine my shock.  

Me:"Um,You mean you have tasted grass"
Caleb: "No I have tasted weed"
Me, laughing: "What do you mean you have tasted weed?"
Caleb: "I have pulled a weed out with my mouth, in the backyard"
Me: "Okay, did you like it"
Caleb: "Well, I didn't eat it"
Me:" Well what did you do with it?"
Caleb:" I spit it out and pulled the next one out with my teeth. "
Me: (to my self)  My kid just told me he weeded my backyard with his teeth.  What do you say?  
Me: "Okay, well thank you" 
And I turn the music back on...

This is how I found Grace this morning while I was supervising Jonathan wiping his butt in the other bathroom.

In the afternoon, my mom came and watched the kids so I could get the first pedicure while full term pregnant ever.  First pedicure in probably a good number of years.  (I have a little kit that I do them myself at home so don't picture hobbit feet, Pul-eeese)

Anywho, we couldn't afford it when I was expecting Caleb.  Afterall, he was born 4 days after I graduated with an Associates Degree.  We lived in WV for Jonathan's birth and for whatever crazy reason a basic pedicure up there is at least $40.  I was not about to pay that.  I was going to get one with Grace but the day before, seriously the dang day before my appointment, my husband was laid off.  So, this pedicure was a huge deal to me!


Afterward, I strolled through Target getting some allergy medicine for the boys, printer paper, etc.  I learned the lesson about two different types of people.  And I decided that we need a Red Card.  Oh, and I got asked twice, "Is this your first?"  I just smile and say, "Nope, fourth!"  People are always shocked and I love it.  I even thought to myself, next time I am going to say that it is my 8th.  Just for giggles....

Stopped by Publix and got dinner/dessert/ and more milk.


Turkey Burgers




Strawberry Shortcake

Dominos and Puzzles instead of a movie.






 

And I now have all 6 Pentagons to make the shell


Day 5 done.  One week til Daddy comes home and still patiently awaiting the arrival of Heafer Baby #4

2 comments:

  1. I've been browsing online more than three hours today, yet I never found any interesting article like yours. It's pretty worth enough for me.
    Personally, if all website owners and bloggers made good
    content as you did, the internet will be much more useful than ever before.



    my page - women

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your kind words. I do not blog anywhere near as much as I would like to and I am humbled that strangers have read my missives :) I am glad you enjoyed this post!

    ReplyDelete