Sunday, March 10, 2013

The weekend

is usually when we get to spend the most time with Chuck.  This weekend we made the best of it.

Saturday was more puzzles and dominos!  After of course Grace was magically transformed into a Princess.


 "I do it again Mommy!"





"Ant I do it again Mommy!"
But you don't need more pics of that.  Yes, she did do it again.

Meanwhile the boys played nicely in their room, until I went in to snap a pic.  Naturally they were arguing as soon as I walked in the room.  Yup, the 4 year old has the almost 8 year old pinned in the corner.  This tells me the truth.  His older brother is not playing fair.  

The closet door broke again and I can not fix it myself.  I tried.  I failed.  It is on Chuck's honey wish-list.  We do not call it a Honey Do-list.  It is too demanding.  Chuck came up with the idea of calling it a wish list so I obliged.  Usually everything gets done on it within a couple weeks.  So Honey Wish-List it is.  (snickers to herself)


We had lunch shortly after this pic and then headed off to Choi Kwang Do class for Caleb.  I chit chatted with another mom pretty much the entire time so I did not get any pics whatsoever.  We high-tailed it back home just in time for Caleb to put on some nicer clothes and off he and Johnny went with Grandad and Henriette to the Alliance Theater.  They were engrossed for an hour with the tale of Charlotte's web.


Meanwhile, at home base, I had a very upset crying little girl who did not understand why she was not going with them too.  So I did what any sensible, loving mom would do.

Cookie


After cookie, 


in bed :)  

Thin Mints are deceiving.  They do not make you thin!

We then took a nap.

We woke up about an hour later starving.  I decided since the boys were not back yet Grace and I would go out to eat.  I had been wanting to try an Irish Tavern in our town so we got up and left.  We walked in and sat down only to turn back around.  Despite the no smoking sign at the front door, it reeked of stale cigarette smoke.  What music do you think should be playing in an Irish Tavern?  Well, they thought rap music would be appropriate.  The only Irish thing on their menu was corned beef and mashed potatoes.   
So we walked right out.

Thankfully our town is small so we walked up the ally to see where else we could grab a bite.  There were two places.  An Italian restaurant that I was not in the mood for or a Louisiana Grill.  We put Grace's name on the list and proceeded to waddle walk up the narrow sidewalk.  Just as we got past the small crowd also waiting for the only decent meal on our town strip, we got the call the boys were 30 minutes away from home.  Turned in the buzzer and waddled walked back to the van.  *sigh*

If my daughter did not agree with me that the first one was stinky and the second one was too long a wait she surely would have acted like a 2 year old.  But she didn't.  She calmly said, "We tried mommy" as we made our way back down the ally.
My two year old's perspective made me wonder where in her brain, her two year old brain, did she process that experience like that.  I was so proud of her and left speechless.  Proof right there that God uses the weak to confound the strong.  I felt the love of our Father in her wisdom and comforting.  I then was looking forward to another night with my little blessings.  

I did not have much time to take pics the rest of the night because I made dinner, cleaned up after dinner, and sat my happy butt down to work on my turtle shell.  Only to have to go lay down, only to get back up and put everyone to bed.  I was beat.

Oh, forgot to add these pics of some things my mother blessed us with when she was over.


My first ever Thirty-one bag!  And I love paper :)


Cute, cute, cute!

Thank you mom!

*Sunday*

I forgot about Daylight Savings time and was shocked that at 10:30 I finally realized that it was 11:30.

You can tell Grace's favorite jammies by now...


and her favorite thing to do lately.  Caleb helped her a bit with this new one and a few hours later she was doing it by herself.

A few pics of the girls:


See my toes?  I keep looking at them.  And with that I have this renewed gratitude that rises up with in me, like a refreshing drink to my soul.  A reminder of how far our family has come.  That is a whole post in and of itself for another day.

But I did think about it while folding clothes and listened to this song at least 5 times...


Let's see, today I scooped poop in the backyard.  I actually had to convince Jonathan to give me the shovel and that I would get it done "Super fast".  We opened the windows and I allowed them to do whatever they wanted.  Through out the day they watched Netflix shows, played the N64, some on the PS3, went outside, played blocks, yes puzzles, shuffle around and repeat.  I played World of Warcraft with my husband.  I almost cried because it felt like he was right here and not 400 miles away.  Jonathan peed in the yard.  I can see the window from my bedroom and I caught him.  Thankfully he came inside a few minutes later for the other end.  To those of you who know me, you know this is a great accomplishment !

We ate when we were hungry, I peed 20 times, kept the kitchen clean, well mostly clean, and helped when I was needed.  I did some laundry but 


I will put it away tomorrow.

After our blueberry or banana pancake dinner(depending on which child you were) we had baths.

Just because:





and...



We love those towels.  And I get to buy a new one!

Patiently waiting the arrival of another little one to confound the strong and make this world a better, brighter place!

Oooh!  I just got a picture made just for me while proofreading.


by: Jonathan



















No comments:

Post a Comment